Website – http://www.38studios.com/
Founded – 2006
Founder – Curt Schilling
Games: Copernicus (planned for release in 2010)
– In the beginning, company was called Green Monster Games
– It was created by Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling
– Munch (see above) is a symbol of the company and in 2007, 38 Studios offered up to $18,000 in prizes to students in New England area who would come up with companions for Munch and develop original games based on them.
– In may of 2008, three students from Worcester Polytechnic Institute – Morgan Quirk, Andrew Tremblay and Adrian Meija – each won $1,000 for their game called “Super Munch Turbo 2”.
– Todd Macfarlane and R.A. Salvatore are work on 38 Studios first game entitled “Copernicus”, which is slated for release in 2010.